Starting Business in Denmark
At Fabritius Tengnagel & Heine we have lawyers with good language proficiency, who have thorough knowledge of different cultures, including particular differences within the European Union and in the USA. We can therefore offer efficient advice at a high professional level, taking into account the problems which foreign businesses run into when operating in Denmark or wish to become established with a view to carrying out operations in Denmark.
Our advice covers the following principle areas:
- Establishment in Denmark
- Operating business in Denmark
- Mergers and acquisition of businesses
- Agencies – exclusive distribution – franchising – licensing etc.
- Purchase and sale of property
- Employment law
- Debt recovery
Fabritius Tengnagel & Heine have considerable experience of assisting clients in both Danish and International arbitration cases. We are able to assist in both English, German and the Scandinavian languages.
We have lead cases before the International Court of Arbitration – within the organisation of the International Chamber of Commerce – (ICC arbitration), The Danish Court of Arbitration (Det Danske Voldgiftsinstitut), The Danish Arbitration Board for the Construction Industry (Voldgiftsnævnet for Bygge- og Anlægsvirksomhed) etc.
Furthermore, we have initiated ad hoc arbitration according to arbitration clauses not pointing to institutionalized means of arbitration. If the governing law is Danish, knowledge of the Danish Arbitration Act No. 553 of 24 June 2005 is crucial to the case.
Since arbitral awards may not be challenged through appeal, the planning and handling of arbitration proceedings is of significant importance. The lawyers of Fabritius Tengnagel & Heine are aware of this fact and act accordlingly when clients entrust us with the handling of international arbitration cases.
Sole Distributors and Commercial Agents
Fabritius Tengnagel & Heine provide advice on all matters concerning sole distributor and commercial agents, and we consider ourselves to be among the leading specialists in this area.
We have considerable experience of conducting litigation on compensation and remuneration for loss of goodwill in connection with termination or cancellation of agency and sole trader contracts.
International Family and Inheritance Law
Globalisation has made the world smaller!
Ties are formed across country borders, Danish nationals live abroad, marry and have children, foreign nationals move to Denmark.
Circumstances in which a person is a national of a country other than the country in which the person lives is however, one of a number of scenarios, which can result in family/inheritance considerations including which country’s laws should be used in e.g. a divorce or inheritance situation.
Fabritius Tengnagel & Heine advises on international family/inheritance laws, including:
- Assessment of applicable law issues in connection with international inheritance and matrimonial matters.
- Drawing up marriage settlements and wills on international matrimonial and partnership matters.
- Implementation of partial administration of the estate of the deceased in Denmark.
- Recognition of marriage ceremonies held abroad.
- Break up of marriages entered into outside Denmark, in which there is the possibility of taking legal action in Denmark or breaking up the marriage in accordance with Danish law.